Friday, July 29, 2011

Feels Like Home


Ronald Geohaghan

  
  EyeOnTheTigers recently got in touch with 2012 DB commit, Ronald Geohaghan.  The Allendale-Fairfax DB is the #11 safety in the nation by Rivals.com.  Ronald is the #3 prospect in South Carolina.  Geohaghan had a lot to say about his commitment and his plans for this fall.  








EyeOnTheTigers.  Hey Ronnie, Thanks for talking to us.


Geohaghan.  No problem man


EyeOnTheTigers.  What have you been up to since you committed back in June?


Geohaghan.  Actually I'm just leaving Clemson today.



EyeOnTheTigers.  Oh, Ok... how did that go?



Geohaghan.  Great man, got to hang out with a friend, Bashaud Breeland.  I got to spend some time with Martin Jenkins, Tajh Boyd and a few of the guys.



EyeOnTheTigers.  Great man, alright, so who inspired you to play football and when did you start?



Geohaghan.  I think I was ten when I first got started and my dad taught me a lot.  He played high school football and in college.



EyeOnTheTigers.  Where did he play in college?



Geohaghan.  He played at SC State.


EyeOnTheTigers.  So who is your favorite NFL Team?



Geohaghan.  I really don't have a favorite.


EyeOnTheTigers.  I guess that will be a good thing when you get drafted. What do you credit as your greatest strength in your game?



Geohaghan.  I think just being able to react and play physical.  


EyeOnTheTigers.  What do you feel is your weakness? What are your plans to improve in this area of your game?


Geohaghan.  Probably keep a low center of gravity and work on my hips.


EyeOnTheTigers.  Do you plan to keep bulking up and be bigger by the time you enroll here next summer?



Geohaghan.  Not really, I'm actually at 192 right now and just trying to work out a slim down a little.  Working on my speed.


EyeOnTheTigers.  Who was your favorite college team growing up?



Geohaghan.  My favorite college growing up was Miami. They were showing some interest, but then Coach Shannon got fired and they never offered.


EyeOnTheTigers.  What do you think of Death Valley and the fans?


Geohaghan.  I love it up there man.  Its like family and feels like home.  I was walking around campus today and people were stopping me and being like, you're Ronald Geohaghan... I know you.  


EyeOnTheTigers.  What do you think will be going through your head when you stand on top of The Hill for your first time in Death Valley?



Geohaghan.  That's a feeling you can't explain and it's hard to describe... I don't know what I'll be thinking.


EyeOnTheTigers.  Do you do a lot of recruiting and who are you working on the hardest?



Geohaghan.  Some guys like Shaq Wilson and Germone Hopper worked on me a lot.  Me and Chad Kelly have been working on a lot of the 2013 guys.  Mainly positions where players are leaving next year.  A lot of the offensive and defensive line recruits.


EyeOnTheTigers.  Coach Hobby was your recruiter?  How did it impact your recruitment by jumping into a relationship with him after having Coach Rumph leave?



Geohaghan.  It didn't really impact it much at all because Clemson was always my #1 school the whole time.  There were a couple others like UNC but Clemson was always at the top.


EyeOnTheTigers.  You are close friends with Bashaud Breeland and he had a great spring.  What impact did he have on your decision?



Geohaghan.  Not really a lot of impact, but we had always talked about playing together in college.  It would be cool if we could room together, but I'm pretty sure our lockers will be next to each other.


EyeOnTheTigers.  You have the ability to play both safety spots or nickel back.  Which position are you being told you will start out at and which do you prefer?


Geohaghan.  I'm planning on playing Strong Safety.


EyeOnTheTigers.  You had several notable offers from high profile schools.  Who was the biggest contender next to Clemson?



Geohaghan.  Definitely North Carolina.


EyeOnTheTigers.   What was the deciding factor?



Geohaghan.  It really came down to where I felt most comfortable.  I had a couple of visits to UNC but Clemson just felt like home.


EyeOnTheTigers.   Is there any chance you could be enrolling early to get a head start on your career?



Geohaghan.  No, I am hoping to win a state championship at my high school in track this year. 



EyeOnTheTigers.   Do you have plans for getting back to Clemson this fall?



Geohaghan.  I want to be at all the games, but I am gonna be at the Auburn game.  I'll probably be at the FSU and UNC games.  I will try to be there for all the home games.



EyeOnTheTigers.   All right man, well, we appreciate you talking to us and good luck in football and track this fall.



Geohaghan.  Thanks man






Eye On The Tigers

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESPN - NCAA College Football News

EyeOnTheTigers - Find me on Bloggers.com